Monday, October 6, 2014

A day in the life...

Just an insight to a normal day for me. 
Everyone has different jobs.
Everyone works hard.

5:50AM- Alarm Sounds. I roll over.
6:00AM- Alarm #2 Sounds. I roll over. 
6:15AM- I crawl out of bed. Dress. Leave for Coffees. 
6:30AM-8AM- I help our oldest community member Nicknamed Coffee. She is 95 years young and a true blessing. During this time I do various things such as clean her sleeping areas (her bed and chair). Get her medicine prepared. Make breakfast...and don't forget the coffee! Help her bathe and get ready for the day. Clean her bathroom and dressing areas. Twice a week I do laundry and various other little jobs that don't have to be done every day. 
8AM- Go back to the K-House and have breakfast myself. Relax a bit and actually wake up.
8:30AM- Work Meeting. 
8:30AM-9:30AM- Lesson prep. (During this time I usually continue to eat and read since I plan lessons days before)
9:30AM-11:45AM- Teaching.
NOON- Devotions 
12:30P-1:30PM- Lunch
1:30PM-5:30PM- Various jobs IE- Sewing, Butter making, Dinner, Food Processing. 
5:50PM-6:15PM- Milk Chores. Skimming the cream, straining the new milk ECT. 
6:30Pm-7:15PM- Dinner and Clean up
7:30PM-8:30PM- Bible Study (book of John)

After 8:30 the rest of the time is really up to me. Some days I head right to bed. Other nights I read, play games or hang out. 


Days are long. 
I'm tired. 
But it's worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment