Wednesday, October 22, 2014

This must be normal...

Hot.
Cold.
Very easy right?
Well here is a funny story.

For the first 2 months of being at Jubilee I was taking cold showers.
Let's just say my showers were not frequent...
Every time I would get in the shower I would turn the knob to Hot.
And I would wait.
I would hope.
Please get warm. 
It never would. 
So I would grit my teeth and jump in.
This must be normal.
This is the Jubilee way. 
Cold Showers.
Eco Friendly.
Saving Water!
In and out. 
Quick. 
Sometimes I'd find soap in my hair.
I wasn't getting back in. 

 Then, after talking about cold showers and how awful winter was going to be with another volunteer I got the best news ever.
______________________________
Oh You didn't know the Knob is backwards.
Backwards?
Yeah, hot is cold and cold is hot. 
WHAT??
________________________________________________________
Yes, this came as a shock. 
Why wasn't there a note.
Why didn't I question that more!

I just thought it was normal. 



>> Since then, I've had some of the hottest showers I've ever had just to make up for all my chilly showers .

No comments:

Post a Comment