Monday, October 6, 2014

Step by Step



I got my acceptance email just a week after I sent in my final application and essay. I literally jumped on my bed because I was so happy. I thanked God and called everyone I thought would listen. I was going to Georgia.

Anticipation.
Fear.
Dread.
Love.
Passion.
Loneliness.
Excitement.
Grace.
Mercy.

All of these feelings hit me all at once the moment I walked out of my sisters’ front door the morning of my flight to Atlanta.

Yikes.

What did I get myself into?


What I knew about Jubilee was what I had read from books and found online…which now knowing things about this place wasn’t all that much.

This is what I thought I knew about this place.
§  These people are kind of like hippies
§  They garden
§  They live together
§  They help resettle refugees
§  refugees are people from Africa
§  it was started in the 70s
§  It was a Christian place
§  I will teach English
§  I will share the Gospel


Wow.  Let me just say how wrong I was. This place is so much more. I hope that through my posts you will get a small understanding of what this amazing place is. How amazing the people are and how close God is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment