Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Seatbelts everyone! Please dont let this be another field trip!

(Sorry, not sorry for the Magic School Bus Reference!)


************************************************************************************************************************************

Clarkston, GA

Did you know that if you travel just outside of Atlanta you can leave the United States?
No passport needed.
All you need is smile.
 ***

Many of the refugees that come to Atlanta get resettled into an area called Clarkson.
Apartment complex after apartment complex filled with refugees.
 From all over the world. 
Burma. 
Congo.
Sudan.

You drop a pin on a map and I bet we can find a family from the country.

I was given the opportunity to not only visit these places
BUT share a meal with a refugee family.

---------

Zen was her name.
Burma is where she hailed.
2 little ones crawling on the floor. 
She didn't know me.
She could hardly say my name.
But she made me dinner.
Prayed with me.
Ate with me. 
Shared with me.
She inspired me.



My experiences in Clarkson extend far more than this. I'll will share more soon. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment